PhD (Engineering) by Research
The Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering) programme provides professionals in-depth knowledge of Engineering, thus shaping the ability to solve research and engineering problems effectively.
This doctorate programme keeps you updated with the latest developments in the field of engineering and cultivates research competitiveness to cater to societal needs. It also serves as a platform for innovation and creation.
With the guidance from our experienced academic team throughout the programme and well thought out curriculum, you will master far more advanced analytical thinking skills and be well prepared to take on new challenges relevant to the industry.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
- 600 TOEFL score or minimum score of 6 for IELTS; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study with First Class Honours; OR
- Completed Master of Science (Engineering) at SEGi University; OR
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study; OR
- Any equivalent qualification in a related field of study recognised by the Malaysian government and University’s Senate
- Compulsory modules to be taken (total of 7 credit hours, but do not carry credits in PhD. However, the students must pass all before the research work begins
- MSCE1131 Advanced Research Methods and Design (Sem 1 Year 1)
- PE1241 Research Proposal and Seminar (Sem 2 Year 1)
A PhD graduate in engineering would have the opportunity to work in the industry as a full-fledged practicing engineer specialising in areas of his expertise from prior intensive and in-depth research conducted, and later on as a manager in supervising younger engineers. Alternatively, he can pursue an academic career in the university as a lecturer and researcher, in passing down knowledge and technology to the younger generation, as well as to extend research into new frontiers of engineering development.