Bachelor of Mass Communication (Honours)
The Mass Communication programme at SEGi University is most popular with both local and international students. The programme focuses on bringing out your best potential as an expert communicator, and will also provide you the technological and methodological know-how together with management foundations, plus the important and latest trends and developments in mass communication practices.This online programme is fully accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Study duration : 3 – 6 years
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
As part of the curriculum, students will be required to take 5 general subjects (Mata Pelajaran Umum), as required by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia
- STPM / A-Level qualification with a minimum CGPA of 2.00, or
- UEC with at least Bs in 5 subjects, or
- A pass in Matriculation Certificate or other recognised Foundation Course with minimum CGPA of 2.00, or
- A pass in Diploma (KKM Level 4) in a related field at any other higer learning institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.00, or
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Goverment.
- Accreditation from Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
APEL is a process that enables you to enroll into SEGi for skills and knowledge you have gained through working experience and without the relevant academic requirements. If this is applicable to you, you can still study via PACE.
All application will be individually assessed.
You will gain access to a variety of job roles, including broadcast journalist, journalist, corporate communication executives, programme producers, content creators, editors, copywriters, media planners, advertising executives, television presenters, radio presenters and many more. Alternatively, you can also pursue careers with national and multi-national companies who require expert knowledge and insight into the mass media industry.