Doctor of Business Administration
In order to operate a business, acquiring knowledge in business administration is definitely a wise choice to establish your business fundamentals.
The programme shapes you to be all rounder, well informed and prepared to venture into the business world.
The Doctor of Business Administration programme is a combination of coursework and research for management practitioners and professionals who are oriented towards making a significant contribution to practice and/or policy. Our modules emphasise interdisciplinary understanding and application of knowledge, crucial for management in a global perspective. SEGi DBA is a doctoral degree -the highest- level business qualification attainable.
Considered as a strategic initiative in the Business School, it paves the way for senior managers to deepen their knowledge and skills to meet the intellectual and professional demands of organisations.
The overall aims of the programme is to:
- Provide significant contribution and enhancement of professional practice through the application of existing knowledge and theoretical frameworks.
- Focus on existing real business issues through critical review and systematic application of theory and research knowledge to professional practice.
- Provide significant opportunity for considerable personal development to achieve higher level effectiveness as a professional practitioner.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
- A Master’s degree or any other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian government
- 5 years full-time management or professional equivalent work experience
- Submit proposal for research topic (1,000 words)
- Completed previous Master’s & Honours degree in English
- IELTS overall test score of 6.5 or higher, and a written score of 6.5 or higher (foreign students)
- Provide a detailed curriculum vitae outlining managerial / executive or teaching / research experience
As graduates of this programme, you’re expected to make a key contribution to global business practices. Hence, the coursework relates to leadership, change, finance and process management, as well as research methodologies.