Doctor of Business Administration (Online)
In order to operate a business, acquiring knowledge in business administration is definitely a wise choice to establish your business fundamentals.
The programme shapes you to be all rounder, well informed and prepared to venture into the business world.
The Doctor of Business Administration programme is a combination of coursework and research for management practitioners and professionals who are oriented towards making a significant contribution to practice and/or policy. Our modules emphasise interdisciplinary understanding and application of knowledge, crucial for management in a global perspective. SEGi DBA is a doctoral degree -the highest- level business qualification attainable.
Considered as a strategic initiative in the Business School, it paves the way for senior managers to deepen their knowledge and skills to meet the intellectual and professional demands of organisations.
The overall aims of the programme is to:
- Provide significant contribution and enhancement of professional practice through the application of existing knowledge and theoretical frameworks.
- Focus on existing real business issues through critical review and systematic application of theory and research knowledge to professional practice.
- Provide significant opportunity for considerable personal development to achieve higher level effectiveness as a professional practitioner.
|Coursework Phase (8 courses):||Pre-dissertation Phase (2 courses):||Dissertation Phase:||Revision of Progress Phase:|
||Coursework related to proposed dissertation topic:
Candidates should be prepared to present research proposals
- Have an MBA Degree or an equivalent Masters from an approved University;
- Have 5 years full-time management or equivalent professional work experience which are deemed acceptable by the Graduate School of Business (GSB)
All applicants are expected to:
- Demonstrate a sound command of the English language, both spoken and written
− Provide evidence of having completed previous Masters & Honours Degree in English language, OR
− IELTS overall band of 6.5 or higher, and a written score of 6.5 or higher (international students)
- Provide a detailed curriculum vitae outlining managerial/ executive or teaching/research experience
All applicants must submit a 1,000 word outline of a proposed research topic as part of their admission application. The 1,000 word outline will be considered as an additional basis for assessing the applicant’s suitability for the programme, as well as the applicant’s proficiency in English.
Additionally, applicants may be required to attend a personal interview with the Head of GSB prior to acceptance into the programme.
The final decision concerning the eligibility and acceptability of qualifications and research areas for the DBA programme rests with GSB, SEGi University.
As graduates of this programme, you’re expected to make a key contribution to global business practices. Hence, the coursework relates to leadership, change, finance and process management, as well as research methodologies.