MSc Telecommunication Engineering
The programme aims to prepare you for a career in the design and management of converged enterprise networks and telecommunication systems.
The programme will allow you to develop the necessary skills needed to design and build a large multi-site network with a strong focus on the convergence of voice, video and data within the modern enterprise network.
Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Students may attend an additional specialist networking course that will prepare them for Cisco Systems CCNA professional Qualification.
Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) Recognition Students with Degree in Electronic & Electrical Engineering who completed the Msc in Telecommunication would be able to register as a graduate member with Board of Engineers Malaysia.
- Broadcasting System
- Local and Wide Area Network
- Research Skills and Academic Literacy
- Digital Telephony
- Wireless Telecommunication
- Network Simulation
- Advanced Network Security System
- Degree in Science or Engineering, such as: Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical or Electronic Engineering with minimum (2:2 degree (Second Class Lower) classification or CGPA above 2.5)
- International students must demonstrate a good command of the English language and required to undertake an IELTS examination prior to starting the programme
- Pass Engineering council examination part III (Electrical / Electronic / Telecommunication Engineering)
Plenty of job opportunities are available for graduates in the telephone industry. They could be employed as engineers / test engineers, software / application engineers, product managers, customer support staff, installers / repairers, power reactor operators, power distributors / dispatchers and many more. Cable and satellite networks, information and broadcasting sectors, railways or police wireless organisations, aerospace industry, telecommunication service providers, mobile phone service providers are some other areas that one could get a job. They can also find employment in this field as design development, production, quality assurance, sales, servicing.